Section V of the CDF Amendment Act 2013 provides for Establishment of the National Assembly Select Committee (NASC). This select Committee of the National Assembly draws its membership from sitting Members of Parliament charged with the responsibility of:
· Considering and recommending to Parliament any matter requiring action by the National Assembly
· Considering referenced project proposals submitted from various Constituencies through the Board
· Considering and reporting to Parliament, names of persons required to be approved under the Act
· Being the link between the CDF Board and National Assembly
· Overseeing the implementation of the CDF Act, 2003 and that was amended to CDF Amendment Act, 2007 and now its subsequent amendments to (CDF Amendment Act, 2013)
· Overseeing the policy frame work and legislative matters that may arise in relation to the Fund.