Category : Business & Finance
Experience : 10 years 10 months
Views : 90 views
Location: Africa, Tanzania
Desired Location: Africa , Tanzania
Age: 58 Yrs
• Developed annual business plans, financial objectives while offering leadership for a team of seven consultants and assume the overall P&L management responsibility for the firm.
• Engaged by a client to develop a capital and revenue budgeting and budgetary control system, Conducted extensive variance analysis to control costs and improve profitability. Finalized 2017 Budget Packages to senior management, with a $ 1M overall budget reduction versus 2016. Performed budget variance analysis and year-end forecasting.
• Directed development and implementation of operations improvements and change-management strategy for R&D division of a manufacturing company: resulting in 20 percent reduction in development time and 12 percent reduction in development cost.
• Directed quality-improvement and associated change-management initiatives for Community banking institution: achieved 35 percent reduction in cycle time from appraisal to closing, eliminating 80 percent of loan rework and significantly reducing cost.
• Developed and delivered needs-assessment and developmental training for senior staff of a financial institution: realizing 40 percent staff-satisfaction increase and 13 percent staff-productivity increase
• Retained by client of a $ 3 million SME company to advise and participate in creating a business plan, raising capital, and executing a facility expansion project
• Oversaw finance, accounting, human resources, IT, planning, procurement and administrative operations of a new established Government agency, provided leadership to 5 senior managers and indirect oversight to 50 employees
• Successfully oversaw the recruitment of 100 technical and support staff of the agency and lead the HR function with accountability for compensation benefits, retention schemes, training and development, talent management. Updated HR policies and scheme of service, co-authored a 5-year HR development plan, instituted a succession planning effort tied to performance evaluation, and established an employee relations initiative.
• Managed all financial functions of the agency. Administered and controlled all capital and expense budgets, Created and established financial policies, procedures, programs and best practices. Determined accounting and financial management framework in order to monitor and enhance reporting performance.
• Participated in development of the Agency five year strategic plan and its execution, Successfully aligned business planning and financial processes with performance improvement and business risk-management activities
• Key Achievement:
• Managed start-up of a new Government agency
• Set up of internal operating systems of a new Government agency to a full-fledged operational unit
Master of business administration specialising in Corporate finance