We are looking for National Human Resource Manager
1. Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management plus a post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management or a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management.
2. At least six years’ experience, three of which should be in a senior HR Management role.
3. Excellent planning, organisational and implementation skills.
4. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to initiate good team understanding and people management
5. Experience in office management with good understanding of financial matters will be an added advantage.
6. Good understanding of good governance principles
7. Good understanding and experience working with human/child rights, child development approaches, family & community development, advocacy and rights-based programming.
8. Good practical knowledge of commonly used computer software (word, outlook, excel, power point) with strong written and oral communications skills
PRINCIPLE TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Workforce Planning and Compensation
1. Drive, implement and monitor implementation of HR Policy, Strategy and other employment regulations of Uganda.
2. Conduct workforce planning
3. Design the compensation system
4. Drive the recruitment process in accordance with the recruitment policy and standards
5. Develop strategies for motivating staff development to support the retention of highly skilled and talented staff.
6. Plan, implement and monitor the annual departmental budget for staff and organisational development.
1. Develop and implement a learning and development plan
2. Lead change management initiatives through effective communication for sustained change implementation.
3. Lead human resource policy development and review, ensuring strong participation of staff teams, management and the board of trustees.
4. Take lead in the implementation of performance management processes ensuring that staff and managers set very clear Key result areas, recognise success and implement performance improvement plan.
5. Coordinate staff orientation, induction and development processes for new staff and oversee an effective performance management system for all newly recruited staff.
6. Develop, implement and monitor implementation of the Code of Conduct.
1. Design organisational structure and support the design of programmes and activities to enable senior management to design, organise activities, develop job descriptions and allocate people to the right jobs for effective performance.
2. Drive implementation of good management and accountability standards across the MA.
3. Support the National Director in all areas of human resources and organisation development.
4. Monitor local legal compliance and recommend actions to the National Director / Board of Trustees.
5. Support the Board of Trustees in the development of good governance practices and standards.
1. Lead the functional team, managing their performance and ensuring development of direct reports
2. Plan, implement and evaluate employee relations in line with the human resource policies.
3. Develop a staff information system and database.
4. Avail HR information to the relevant authority.
5. Develop an effective internal communication system to ensure staff are updated with relevant organisational information.
SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGES-TANZANIA
We work to prevent family breakdown and care for children who have lost parental care, or who risk losing it. We work with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children, in every society, are respected and fulfilled.
Download job advert
Contact for any query