We are looking for UN Volunteer in Web and Social Media Communications Associate
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent Advanced Diploma in communications, journalism or public relations.
• Experience in Web Management and Social Media.
• Minimum age of 25 years.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience - in a similar full time job at national or international level.
• Experience with development work would be an advantage. ·
• Proven experience in daily management of websites, and social media, preferably with a multilateral or international development
• Conversant with Content Management Systems, Joomla and the use of Windows computer applications.
• Excellent command of English and Swahili, both orally and in writing.
• Outstanding drafting skills and creative story writer.
• Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
• Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly
• Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others);
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and
take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
• Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
• Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
• Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
• Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the
UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible
Due to the powers vested in its Charter and its unique international character, the United Nations can take action on the issues confronting humanity in the 21st century, such as peace and security, climate change, sustainable development, human rights, disarmament, terrorism, humanitarian and health emergencies, gender equality, governance, food production, and more