• Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
• Possesses strong cross cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be a humble team player
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
• Willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
• Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road and extremely muddy
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience
and the training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level
Biblical studies strongly preferred
• Previous experience working overseas, particularly in logistics and procurement.
• Design, implement and maintain an effective system of procurement, transportation,
inventory management and maintenance of all project and office relief and support materials
• Submit all Purchase Requests and follow up with the Juba, Nairobi, and Eldoret offices to
ensure their purchase and subsequent delivery to end destination.
• Maintain a Purchase Request tracking system that is updated weekly showing the status of
every purchase request. Share this information with the Program Managers to enable them
plan their activities.
• Coordinate flight scheduling with the Area Coordinator to meet passenger and cargo
requirements for your location programs. Keep accurate records of received cargo and flights
and facilitate the logistics of all SP staff flying UN HAS to/from your location.
• Work closely with all program managers to establish annual procurement plans and push to
have as many items as possible purchased and transported by road during the early part of
the dry season (January to May) in order to reduce flight costs for moving non-critical items.
• Manage the requests to the logistics cluster for the movement of SP materials to/from your
• Maintain strategic relationships with other NGO logistics staff. Attend weekly logistics
meetings in your location and report to the Area Coordinator with any critical information.
• Develop and implement reliable and appropriate processes for orderly, effective and safe
distribution of supplies to the programs.
• Assist the Program Managers and Area Coordinator with decision making related to overall
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.