We are looking for Disaster Risk Reduction & Food Security Officer - PRO-ACT Project
• Bachelor's degree in evaluation, public policy, and/or related field is required.
Experience, skills and competencies
• A bachelor's degree in disaster management, Humanitarian Assistance, Agriculture,
Community Development or related field.
• Over 4 years' experience in humanitarian or community development work, preferably in
Upper Nile region.
• Strong and proved skills and technical capacities in developing disaster resilience, Food
Security, livelihood and economic recovery initiatives & community based IGAs.
• Experience in working in in a post-conflict environment with a focus on durables solutions
and community stabiliz.ation.
• Familiarity with humanitarian principles and practices
• Excellent written and spoken in French & good skills in English
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build
relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences
• Training of local authorities, community members and our implementing partners in Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction (CMDRR) and organize Participatory Disaster
Risk Analysis (PORA) exercises at the community level leading to Community Resilience ·Action Plans.
• Training oflocal authorities and community members in Community Peace building and
Reconciliation and supporting them to initiate peace building initiatives
• Training and supporting fanners on improved fanning and livestock practices through Farmer
• Training local government authorities, extension workers, NGO and community leaders in
community based monitoring and impact measurement of Farmer Field Schools (FFS)
• Conduct a Food Security and Fragility Analysis to further develop food security & economic
opportunities Action Plans
• Spearhead community based disaster risk reduction/ prevention initiatives including access to
clean drinking water.
• Organize small-scale producers (farmers, agro-pastoralists) into groups, and support the
implementation and monitoring ofFood Security activities (agricultural recovery, Farmers
Field Schools, post-harvest management)
• Organize women and adolescents into groups, and train them in implementing of Economic
Opportunities (value chain development, agnbusiness, savings & loans)
• Provide technical advice and support in Agri-businesses, IGAs, VSLA promotion.
• Promote the code of conduct, Cordaid and EU values in his/her work with communities, local
NGOs and local government authorities.
Cordaid is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines I00 years of
experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, becween farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations - the bottom billion.