We are looking for FIELD OFFICER - RESTORING FAMILY LINKS (RFL)
• Bachelor Degree. some college coursework completed an Associate Degree or equivalent higher educalton
degree in a humanitarian area. socio-economic development. humarntanan law. human rights or equivalent field
• Additional vocational training in a humarntanan area socio-economic development. humanitarian law. human
rights or equivalent field
• 3.5 years of experience in a humanitarian area. socio-economic development. humanitarian law. human nights or
• Fluent in English and Arabic (knowledge of any other local language will be an asset). Good level in computer
• Skilled m the following competencies: Representing the ICRC: Adapting & Learning: Communication (ability to
express and exchange views and ideas): Analysis & Synthesis: Good knowledge of ICRC mandate. IHL. and of
other humanitarian topics
• Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment. Flexibility to work m the field (at least 50% to 60% of
herself time): Very Good writing and reporting skills.
• Under the supervision of Deputy Protection Coordinator - RFL (DepCoProt_RFL). implements the RFL ac!lv1t1es
in the Juba PoC town (1.e. phone calls. tracing cases. Red Cross Messages. RFL for vulnerable persons and
unaccompanied/separated children. coordination with other Child Protectaon/CP actors etc.) and other assigned
• In close coordination with the delegate in charge of PoC affairs. attends the relevant meetings in the PoC by the
camp management or CP actors and keep the Juba RFL coordination team updated. Maintains an overview of
the RFL needs and contributes to the analysis of the RFL team about the needs in the Juba town. PoC and
other assigned areas.
• Ensures a regular follow-up of all cases active 1n his/her AoR (areas of responsibility) Reviews the caseload
and sends reminders to the field teams.
• Under the supervision of DepCoProt_RFL, establishes and maintains contacts with relevant interlocutors and
stakeholders in his/her AoR (i.e. MoSW. RRC. UN agencies. CP actors community leaders. c1v1I society
organizations. other relevant civilian and government institutions)
• Receives. processes the new cases and ensures the follow-up of cases collected in the areas that he/she has
been assigned by the DepCoProt_RFL: Attends the FTR and CP meetings in cooperation with the Dep CoProt.
Represents the tCRC and is able to report on all matters of interest
• Registers vulnerable children. opens tracing requests. and organizes family reunifications related to his AoR
and when reqwred in other areas
• Ensures appropriate information flow and storage of information- maintains proper filing. prepares ,
correspondence. photocopying. scanning : Participates in the RFL emergency responses with the support of
Juba RFL coordination team in assigned areas and depending on the needs •
• Ensures the ICRC RFL hot11nes are functional and that any calls would be answer. Answers the RFL hotline.
receive or visit benefic1anes when needed and provides them with the needed assistance according to the
delegation's policies and cntena
• Participates to the evolution and the revision of the RFL guidelines and forms Participates to the discussion
linked to the RFL obiectives 1n the country for ICRC and for the SSRC, Prepares and organizes a field trip to
follow up specific RFL cases. Prepares field trip report afterwards stressing the results or the field tnp
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively
humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also
endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening international Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles