A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration or Engineering or Air
Transport Management or any related field AND a Master's Degree in Business Administration or
Air Transport Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
A minimum of 1 o years' experience of which 5 years must be at the senior managerial position.
Demonstrated extensive administration experience with strong leadership skills, having an
emphasis on strategic planning, large capital improvement projects, financial management, and
community relations.Track record in an organization with diverse employees is desirable
• Plans, coordinates, directs and is responsible for all activities at all airports and airstrips in
• Develop short and long-term plans and strategies to improve and/or expand airports facilities,
to attract passengers and increase utilization of airports' facilities and general aviation
• Conveys and executes the vision for the airports and support national economic development
by providing the necessary airport infrastructure, facilities and services in an efficient manner.
• Supervise the implementation of the national transport policy and civil aviation master plan to
airport operations, maintenance and development in the United Republic of Tanzania
• Ensure that the Government's airport policies, regulations, procedures and International
standards are implemented accordingly.
• Provide comfortable, efficient, safe and secure airport services and facilities for the movement
of. passengers ar:id cargo in its airports to foster business growth; market the airports for
enhanced business potential and ensure the development of a positive business climate for
• To assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Tanzania Airports
This streamlined Transport structure is intended to deliver integrated Transport planning and service delivery, and consolidation of like-functions to reduce costs and services. In collaboration with other Transport agencies, the Ministry is progressively rolling out key service initiatives to deliver a more capable, safe and reliable transport network across the country.