KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a development related field such as education social work, sociology and other social
• Experience in project management and budget management.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• A high level of networking skills is required.
• Ability to travel across the country.
• Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
• Ability to cope and maintain performance expectations under pressure.
• Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
1. Project Management & Implementation:
• Ensure that beneficiary consultation and assessment of needs is done in order to provide information that
assist in project design and implementation.
• Lead the planning and implementation of the project according to the approved proposal.
• Manage the budget planning and expenses according to the approved budget.
• Recruit , train and provide technical support to project staff
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the project according to approved stated objectives, plans of
action, budgets and record progress.
• Lead and conduct project launching workshop and baseline and end line assessment and evaluation.
• Ensure integration of education and child protection activities to mitigate the impact of conflict on children.
• Lead and supervise coordination with related stakeholders to implement the project.
• Liaise and meet with donors and other stakeholders for purposes of networking, information sharing and
• Ensure timely ordering, purchase of needed material through coordination with the World Vision South Sudan
• Ensure timely submission of quality project progress reports, and other information as required, for the donor.
• Work closely with the Finance Department on project budget, financial reports, cash flows, etc.
• Monitor the filing records and correspondence related to the project.
• Represent WVSS at relevant interagency
coordination and donor meetings.
• Conduct weekly and monthly meeting with project staff and community representatives.
• Participate in resource mobilization for the Response under the education sector.
2. Manage Project Staff:
• In collaboration with Emergency Operations Manager, Area Team Leader and P&C department identify,
select, recruit and evaluate assigned project staff
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to project staff.
• Call for staff meeting for the team to share lessons learned, experiences, observations, and obstacles, to
review and update the projects plans of actions if needed.
• In consultation with the Human Resources Department Provide opportunities for capacity building to project
team to ensure proper technical and personal development.
• Effectively manage the performance of direct reports ensuring performance agreements, regular
performance reviews, and annual appraisal are done.
• Ensure compliance with World Vision’s policies.
3. Other Duties:
• Abide by the security procedures and policies and report any breaches.
• Attend and participate in capacity building training locally and internationally if any.
• Establish strong coordination mechanisms with community representatives and other implementing agencies
• Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
4. Supervisory Responsibilities:
World Vision has been working in South Sudan since 1989 and was one of the few aid agencies that provided emergency assistance during war to the displaced populations in what was then the Southern Sudan region of Sudan. After the country became independent in 2011, World Vision began recovery and development activities.