• CPA or ACCA Qualification is highly required, a Bachelor's Degree in Finance; Accounting;
Business Administration or Commerce is highly desirable.
• Master's degree such as MBA or Accounting and Finance may be an added advantage.
• Minimum of five Years of relevant professional experience in financial management,
accounting; preferably for any international NGO supported through donor funding or any
• Knowledge of donor funded project management and implementation is required
• High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills combined with the ability to work
collaboratively with diverse group.
• Good communication skills, working experience on computer software(especially MS Word,
MS Excel and PowerPoint) and good command in written and spoken English
• Ability to analyse and interpret governmental and organizational rules and regulations;
• Capacity to identify essential elements of complex accounting issues;
• Capacity to work both independently as well as a member of a team.
• Willingness and enthusiasm for working in team.
• Assist to ensure timely recording and reconcil iation of all financial transactions ensuring a high degree of accuracy, completeness and sufficiency of documentation for all transactions at all times.
• Take charge of all accounting and budgeting and prepare regular reports to Donors and the
GoSS including the preparation of project financial reports (fnterim Un-audited Financial
Reports; Annual Consolidated Financial Statements) for all projects;
• Design and provide the National Project Coordinator with monthly analytical reports of the financial performance of the Projects;
• Manage the flow of funds within the Projects, ensuring timely replenishments of the special
accounts and preparation of Disbursement Requests for Direct Payments;
• Manage the Projects' relationships with the banking institutions;
• Liaise with Auditor General's Office and /or recruited External Audit Firm and coordinate annual audits including taking responsibility for the timely submission of audited financial systems;
• Ensure proper control over all Project assets at the respective bureaus and for the maintenance
of proper systems and procedures
• Ensure that Transparency, Accountability and Value for Money principles are adhered to the
• Provide coaching and training for all accounting staff who are associated with Projects at all
levels including at States levels where appropriate.
• Assist in preparation of the annual budgets for all the projects under PF AID Project, monitor
budget control a1'1d report variances between budget and actual expenses.
• Check payroll versus budgets and ensure that salaries are correctly allocated to projects
consistent with standard operating procedures.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for all project accounts.
• Prepare and process payments, ensuring sufficient supporting documentation and
reasonableness of such payments at all times.
• Assist to respond to general accounting questions and issues that arise from time to time,
including during field Missions visits by African Development Bank.
• Ensure safe custody of all PF AID Project Accounting documentations i.e. payment invoices;
and receipts, contracts, payment vouchers and PF AID Project payment support documentations.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the National Project Coordinator