We are looking for Policy, Advocacy & Communications (PAC) Coordinator
• A Bachelor’s Degree in development studies, international relations, peace and conflict studies, or a relevant political or social science discipline - or equivalent professional experience.
• A minimum of 2-3 years relevant conflict prevention, peace building, or development work, preferably in South Sudan but not a prerequisite.
• Proven ability to undertake sound research and analysis to inform policy and advocacy work and strategic programme development.
• Solid understanding of and experience in engaging with civil society and governments, networking, organisational representation, and capacity-building.
• Experience working with local decision makers
• Experience of writing research materials and advocacy briefings would be an advantage
• Contribute to the development of the country programme strategy, particularly in relation to the strategy for state, national and international-level policy, advocacy and communications;
• Monitor official and public debates on security and justice, governance, peace building and conflict-sensitivity in South Sudan and identify opportunities for Saferworld to provide input into these policy debates;
• Contribute to research and analysis of the context and policy debates at state, national and international levels to help address conflict and peace building in South Sudan
• Contribute to the development of evidence-based policy positions and messaging on South Sudan and clearly articulate the issues in PAC publications and materials (e.g., comment pieces, briefings, reports, talking points).
Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organization t hat works
to prevent and reduce violent conflict and promote cooperative approaches
to security. We work with civil society, government s and international
organisations to encourage and support effective policies and practices
through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting
the development of local capacities and structures. Saferworld has been
working in Africa since 1997, with a primary focus upon East Africa and the
Horn region. We have well-established program mes in Kenya, Uganda, Somalia
and Sudan and also support regional and international conflict prevent ion and