Holder of Masters of Laws from a recognized Institution with not less than 10 years relevant working experience in legal
matters. Must be registered with Tanganyilka Law Society as an advocate of High Court.
• Keep Companies Statutory Records.
• Preparation of annual returns (required to be submitted to the Registrar of Companies each year.).
• PreparatJOn r:f IT'tnutes and resolutions to 'Li"' year-end mrma lles.
• Advice ana assist •n re aw '.o c:her corporate forma'lties o•epa ·a:on of documents and submissions to Registrar of
Companies (e.g. Appointment 'Resignatior. o' txrectors Change of shareholders!
• Allotment, transfer, transmission oi shares
• Law and good practice relating to meetings.
• Constitutional changes- amendments to Memorandum and Articles of Association.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Board and Management.
• Provide legal advice as company secretary
• Review all TMRC contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal
implications that need to be brought to the management's attention.
• Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
• Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary
checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
• Review on going cases and advice management accordingly.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been
identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
• Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate
appropriate legal requirements to staff.
• Liaise with the HR department in conducting performance appraisals and ensure competency and training gaps are
• Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance wtth all statutory
or legal requirements.
• Litigation management
• Review progress of outstanding litigation, liaise with, and manage external lawyers.
• Formulate compliance checklists to be used for ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
• Provides reports on a regular basis to the Board and senior management.
• Perform any other activities as may be assigned by the CEO.