We are looking for MARMC HM&E Support Specialist / Administrative Assistant
Location: Norfolk , VA, United States
United States of America - Virginia, Norfolk
AECOM is actively seeking a Program Management Support Specialist to join our Norfolk, VA team. This position will sit onsite at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) supporting Hull, Mechanical and Electrical technical codes. The successful candidate will provide program management support and analysis in support of the MARMC Chief Engineer to include routine and non-routine program correspondence, documentation, presentations, briefings, and program reports.
- Monitor and ensure the safeguarding, accounting, and proper use of the resources necessary for the Engineering Department and Command Mission.
- Support Project Management, Engineering, Financial Analysis, Administrative and Technical efforts.
- Assist the MARMC Engineering Department and Chief Engineer with analytic and evaluate work, problem resolution and direct support in a variety of administrative areas.
- Investigate and provide recommended solutions to problems related to program/project processes and procedures.
- Monitor project expenditures; develop schedules for accomplishing work and assuring timely and efficient interface work schedules.
- Perform research using publications, drawings, instructions and conduct studies and/or research on projects assigned.
- Interact and support customers, through the application of specific program knowledge, in the execution of program management tasks.
- Coordinate and maintain program documentation with internal and external teams including plans, schedules, briefings, reports correspondence, contracts/contract modifications, technical instructions/procedures and/or related material.
- Prepare routine and non-routine program correspondence, documentation and reports.
- Create and maintain master files/schedules related to program history, execution, and status for the life of the program (inception to disposal).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors degree in a Business Administration or related field and at least three years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Requires operation application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years general experience with Project Management, Engineering, Financial Analysis, Administrative and Technical efforts in surface ship repair, installation, and operation
- Demonstrate analytic and evaluative work, to include problem resolution in a variety of administrative areas to include investigative and recommend solutions to problems related to program or project process and procedures
- Experience in research using publications, drawings, instruction and results of studies conducted and/or research projects previously assigned.
- Experience in the development and implementation of organizational/departmental instructions related to metrics
- A strong background in organization and coordination of various tasks and the skills necessary to de-conflict and resolve schedule conflicts using established guidelines as well as innovative processes to accomplish work assigned.
- Position requires an active SECRET clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to make amazing happen in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons potential, and well help you reach yours.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228504BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.