• Strong understanding of South Sudan history, context, culture, and politics
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Human Resources
Management, communication, or related field;
• Knowledge of Sudan labor laws is highly preferred
• Excellent skills in problem solving and conflict resolution, crisis management and
• Abi lity to work well within a team and build positive team spirit.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and work under pressure in a cross-cultural
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and meet deadlines.
• With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities
assigned for the benefit of Samaritan's Purse.
• Plan and implement delivery of staff well-being initiatives and spiritual well-being
• Conduct HR clinics to monitor staff well being and liaise with relevant stakeholders to
ensure staff concerns are addressed - Liaise with various field sites in South Sudan so
as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure
they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements
• Coordinate and ensure staff benefits are paid when due and respond to queries from
• Manage the staff medical scheme
• Coordinate staff engagement and wellbeing surveys and implementation plans
• Identify cases for and coordinate the critical incident debriefing for staff that have
undergone stress and/or trauma and provide appropriate referral services.
• Provide guidance on handling employee grievances and disciplinary procedures
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.