1. University degree related to business administration, contract management international development, public administration.
2. Substantial experience in grant and contract management, project management in an international development organization
3. Experience in the design and delivery of capacity development, technical assistance and public outreach interventions.
4. Field experience at a national, regional or international level is essential.
5. A good understanding of civil society organizations and the field of participatory governance
6. Strong communication skills both written and verbal in both Somali and English
7. Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
8. Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities
9. A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure
1. Work with the Deputy Chief of Party to support the design and implementation of small grant activities related to all three of the BUILD Project’s objectives
(voter/civic education, civil society, media, technical assistance to election management bodies, political party development) in Somaliland.
2. Provides technical support to other BUILD Project staff in the development and preparation of annual work plans and budgets, key results-based reports,
and additional reports in consultation with partners.
3. Works with the Deputy Chief of Party and Grants Manager to assist with the contracting needs for project objectives.
4. Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and regulations throughout the grant making process, from design to close-out.
5. Builds and maintains strategic and cooperative relationships with key CSO leaders, partners, networks and engages these individuals and organizations on
a regular basis to gather their feedback and input to the planning, implementation and tracking of results.
6. Contributes to the development of the project’s monitoring and evaluation framework in collaboration with the M & E Manager.
7. Other duties as assigned