1. University degree related to political science, public administration, international development
2. Substantial experience with programming related to host-country government entities as well as civil society organizations within the context of
international development, particularly USAID-funded activities
3. Experience in the design and delivery of capacity development, technical assistance and public outreach interventions
4. Field experience at a national, regional or international level is essential
5. A good understanding of Somaliland government, local civil society organizations and the field of participatory governance
6. Strong communication skills both written and verbal in both Somali and English
7. Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
8. Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities
9. A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure
1. Work with the Deputy Chief of Party to support the design and implementation of a range of technical assistance and small grant activities related to the
BUILD Project’s Objective 2: support to the election management body. Specific areas of support may include: voter/civic education, planning and technical
assistance to election management bodies, political party development in Somaliland.
2. Provides technical support to other BUILD Project staff in the development and preparation of annual work plans and budgets, key results-based reports,
and additional reports in consultation with partners.
3. Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and regulations
4. Builds and maintains strategic and cooperative relationships with key EMB partners, networks and engages these individuals and organizations on a
regular basis to gather their feedback and input to the planning, implementation and tracking of results.
5. Contributes to the development of the project’s monitoring and evaluation framework in collaboration with the M & E Manager.
6. Other duties as assigned.