We are looking for Senior medical officer/principal investigator
I. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB). MPH will be an added advantage.
ii. Registered as a medical practitioner with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and 'Dentists Board
iii. Two to three years working experience in clinical research.
iv. Experience in providing HIV related care and support in PEPFAR funded setting.
v. Have good leadership I management skills.
vi. Exceptional leadership skills and supervision working with multifunctional sectors.
vii. Ability to carry out duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision
1. Ensure that recruitment and selection of participants for research is in accordance with the protocol
2. Serve as study investigator (Pl, Co-Pl or sub-investigator. depending on the study).
3. Assist in training of the clinical team prior to initiation of any study.
4. Ensure that studies are conducted in compliance with study protocols and other regulatory
S. Assist Pis and Clinical Research Coordinators in protocol development, responding to reviewer and
ethical review committee suggestions.
,6. Participate in the review of clinical research documents (e.g. protocols, SOPs, case report forms,
reports and statistical analysis).
7. Report to the IRBs on Safety Reports that impact on the research protocols.
8. Management of in-patients and participating in routine ward rounds.
9. Attending to emergencies, being on call during weekends and holidays, and after working hours.
10. Development and Implementation of Infection Control policies and procedures.
11. Medical Officer participating in clinic management team involved in supervision, mentorship and
appraisal of clinic staff.
12. Provide leadership in research protocols under the MHRP network.
13. Participate in MHRP Sponsor, and all study-related calls.
14. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
HJFMRI was organized as a nonprofit corporation to be operated exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. HJFMRI offers international support for programs advancing medical research and providing care, treatment and education