Location: Kennesaw, GA, USA
**Job ID:** 01366327
**Country:** United States
**Job Type:** Part time
United States of America
CAG10: ALC HQ 1025 Cobb Place Blvd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
This position requires a highly technical understanding of complex systems.This position will require a person capable of absorbing the '50,000 ft view' of our software, understanding how its different parts interact with one another, and a willingness to dive into the weeds as needed.Being successful will require working and training with various groups in ALC, including but not limited to R&D (Dev and QA), ALC branches, dealers, and tech support.We are looking for a curious, inquisitive, well-rounded engineer capable of learning quickly and with a passion for technology.Projects will vary in technology and difficulty so an enjoyment of learning will serve a successful applicant well.
What you'll do:
•Spend time with our field installers to understand how our equipment is used and set up
•Do a stint in our Technical Support department to understand the problems we encounter and support
•Be part of the QA team and understand how we test our software and hardware
•Experience software development via enterprise product development, utility creation and maintenance, and test automation
•Put all of these experiences and relationships together as a contributor in R&D that will showcase your well-rounded skill set.
Experience & Qualifications
• A passion for technology and testing
• Strong knowledge of a popular programming language and its paradigms.
• Familiarity with source control management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Comfortable with both collaborative and independent work.
• Assertive and respectful in technical discussions.
• Experience with hardware level diagnostics(probing boards, using volt meters, oscilloscopes etc.).
• Experience with SQL databases.
• Experience with different operating systems, including but not limited to: Windows, Linux, Mac OSx, Android, iOS
• Experience integrating hardware and/or working with low level device protocols.
• Experience with virtual machines
Working towards a Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
**_United Technologies Corporation is An Equal_** **_Opportunity/Affirmative_** **_Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class._**
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.