We are looking for Administrative Assistant, Setroute Administration, Vogtle (223963)
Location: Waynesboro, Georgia
- Requisition ID: 223963
- Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Setroute Administration, Vogtle (223963)
- Location: Waynesboro, GA
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Internal Candidate under Consideration: No
- Work Authorization: Possess right to work in the US without sponsorship
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug and alcohol screen, background check, and obtain badging
Bechtel, founded in 1898, has more than 55,400 colleagues, completed more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries, and established a presence on 7 continents. We are very proud to have been named the Top U.S. Contractor by Engineering News-Record for the 19th consecutive year. In the Nuclear, Security and Environmental global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, and, possibly, holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
As part of the Office & Administrative Services (O&AS) team, the Administrative Assistant will provide support associated with SETROUTE administration and data entry for field engineering. Setroute is used to monitor electrical components at Plant Vogtle to ensure correct integration. Throughout the life of the project, data entry will be used to track and update such components as cable, cable routing, cable terminations, and wiring systems.
This project is working an extended work week (EWW), 5 days per week/10 hours per day -Monday - Friday. When requested, must be able to work weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday). Start time is 05:30 am. The hours may change to a 12-hour work day as needed to meet the construction s schedule.
Job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain work package information which will include the following:
- Search and retrieval of documents to support work packages.
- Maintain a controlled file of related drawings
- Support the Electrical and Piping Engineering disciplines as necessary.
- Maintain the SETROUTE database which will include the following activities:
- Update status of electrical bulk installations via "jobsite feedback"
- Create and run reports as needed for tracking progress
- Track cable reel deliveries and assignments
- Assist the Lead Electrical and Piping Field Engineer and Superintendent with work packages as necessary.
- Print Setroute Cards
- Print Brady Labels (special labels with special printer, template, etc )
- Plan scope of administrative work, establish priorities, and train personnel to perform assigned duties.
- Support the implementation of the records retention and turnover plan.
- Communicate effectively with project team members, client, and field personnel to maintain quality, schedule and budget.
- Maintain a working relationship with other disciplines to facilitate organizational interfaces between those preparing and distributing subcontract documents.
- Support quality assurance audits, internal technical reviews, client reviews, and ISO 9000 audits.
- Process a high volume of Setroute cards and related documentation.
- Prepare routine documents using standard word processing, spreadsheets, or other office software as needed to support work activities.
- Keep abreast of department technologies, techniques, and services that become available.
- Collect and summarize data for administrative metrics on project.
- Perform / assist with other general administrative or clerical duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and five years of related experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including (spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax). A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and can maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of filing systems and common office procedures.
- Experience with answering manager or supervisor office telephones.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Must be proactive, have above-average organizational skills, use individual initiative and follow assignments through to completion.
- Proven administrative capability including the ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be flexible and willing to shift gears and take on unexpected and/or unanticipated projects as needed.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to extract, compile, and assemble data for the preparation of reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of filing systems and common office procedures.
- Experience using electronic databases to enter records and to search for records.
- Experience using database programs, such as Access, TeamWorks, and/or Setroute software, a plus.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.