• A degree in Computer Science/Information
Technology, Accounting, Business or
equivalent combination of related work
experience and education.
• A professional qualifiation in information
systems i.e. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC,
CSx and/or CSx –P.
• Membership with ISACA, IIA and/or ACFE
At least 5 years of continuously progressive
working experience with at least 1 year at a
• Responsible for information technology audits
including annual and engagement planning.
• Conduct continuous risk assessment of
the information technology environment
(operating systems, network infrastructure,
billing systems, information databases, fiancial
reporting systems and all other peripheral/
interfaced applications) including general
system controls, infrastructure controls and
• Prepare working papers in accordance with
IPPF and internal documentation requirements
to support audit results and conclusions drawn.
• Ensure that a complete and cross referenced
audit engagement working paper fie is
maintained for every audit engagement.
• Conduct operational, compliance, fiancial and
investigative audits as assigned.
• Continuously reviews and monitors the
implementation of information systems.
• Champion data mining and analytics use and
capability development both within the internal
audit department and the wider business.
• Provide risk and control consulting to the
business on pre and post implementation
system development and enhancements.
Umeme is the largest electricity distribution company in Uganda. We are mandated to: Operate, maintain, upgrade and expand the distribution network; retail electricity to its customers and to improve efficiency within the electricity distribution system. Umeme is listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange (USE) and on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). Investec Asset Management is the majority shareholder after a second issue in 2014.