We are looking for Executive Assistant to The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs)
A Masters degree in any of the following areas, Business, Management, Law, Mass Communication or
English Literature from a recognized institution of higher learning.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies, Business, Management, Law, Mass Communication
or English Literature from a recognized institution of higher learning.
3. Extensive experience in minute writing, editing and safe keeping of records of not less than 3 years.
Thorough knowledge of higher education administration subject matter and student development theory
to act as a resource for the exploration of new ideas.
Collaborative, problem solving, planning and organizational skills, strong oral, written, presentation and
6. Excellent communication and organizational skills combined with a high level of computer literacy.
7. Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes: be honest and trustworthy, be
respectful, a committed Christian who possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity and is flexible to
demonstrate sound work ethics
Oversee and coordinate the arrangements for all Board meetings and events that are the responsibility
of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs);
Perform office management and administrative detail functions to assist the operations of the office of
the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs);
Process administrative details not requiring the immediate attention of the Deputy Vice Chancellor
Plan, organise, prioritise and process a variety of assignments with other departments, Faculties and
5. Screen telephone calls and visitors in a polite and professional manner;
6. Perform diverse secretarial and clerical duties;
7. Support the overflow needs of other departments, faculties and divisions;
8. Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.