We are looking for Lecturer (Engineering & Environment)
Must have a MSc in Environmental Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Energy and Environment,
Environmental Management, Environmental Science and Technology, or related field from a recognised
institution of higher learning.
Must have a BSc in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management,
Environmental Science, Environmental Technology a recognised institution of higher learning.
Must have strong knowledge of at least three of these areas; Environmental Science and Technology,
Energy Management, Wastewater Management, Wastewater Treatment and Reuse, Climate Change
Adaptation combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes.
Must have University teaching experience at the rank of Assistant Lecturer for at least two (2) years, or
Tutorial Assistant for at least three (3) years.
Must have at least one scholarly article or publication OR should have undertaken at least one research
Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines; Evidence of ability to teach and to
supervise academic work by undergraduates
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; proven record of ability to conduct high
quality research which is reflected in the authorship of high quality publications, or other research
outputs, in the areas of civil and environmental engineering.
8. Must be a mature and commitment Christian.
To teach at undergraduate and graduate level in areas allocated by the Head of Department, and
reviewed from time to time by the Head of Department.
To carry out research and produce publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal
objectives agreed in the Staff review process.
3. To obtain research funding support from within and outside the University.
4. To engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
5. To supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curricula in the areas
of Wastewater Management, Wastewater Treatment and Reuse, Energy Management, Renewable Energy,
Climate Change Adaptation.
To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing course syllabuses and maintaining records
to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building
interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
9. To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
10. To provide pastoral care and support to students in line with UCU code of conduct.
To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as
12. To contribute to departmental, faculty, or UCU-wide working groups or committees as requested.
13. To maintain continuing personal professional development.
14. Any other official duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time