We are looking for Senior Lecturer (Engineering & Environment)
PhD in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Field Engineering, Highway Engineering, Geotechnical
Engineering, Construction Engineering, or related fields from a recognised institution of higher learning.
Hold an MSc in Engineering or BSc in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Building Engineering,
or Environmental Engineering from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning.
Must have a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Building Engineering, or
Environmental Engineering from a recognised institution of higher learning.
Must have strong knowledge of at least three of these areas; Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering,
Construction Engineering, Foundation Engineering, Highway Engineering, combined with a broad subject
background enabling contributions to teaching programmes.
5. Must have taught at University level for at least 3 (three) years at the rank of lecturer.
Must have carried out research in engineering with at least two new scholarly articles in internationally
recognised journals in their area of academic expertise.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; proven record of ability to conduct high
quality research which is reflected in the authorship of high quality publications, or other research
outputs, in the areas of civil and environmental engineering
Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines and evidence of ability to teach and to supervise
academic work by undergraduates, and post graduates.
Must have commitment to academic research, high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning
environment for students and commitment to continuous professional development.
10. Must be a committed and mature Christian
To teach at undergraduate and post graduate level in areas allocated by the Head of Department, and
reviewed from time to time .
To carry out research and produce publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal
objectives agreed in the Staff review process.
3. To obtain research funding support from within and outside the University.
4. To engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
5. To supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curricula in the areas
of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering and Highway Engineering.
To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing course syllabuses and maintaining records
to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building
interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
9. To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as
11. To contribute to departmental, faculty, or UCU-wide working groups or committees as requested.
12. To maintain continuing personal professional development.
13. Any other official duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.