We are looking for Lecturer Nursing - Faculty of Health Sciences
Must have a Master’s degree in Nursing or a related field from a recognized Institution of higher
Must have a Bachelor of Nursing Science a related field from a recognized Institution of higher
3. Must be a Registered Nurse or a Registered Midwife.
Must have University teaching experience at the rank of Assistant Lecturer for at least two (2) years,
or Tutorial Assistant for at least three (3) years
5. Must be knowledgeable about curriculum development and management of examinations.
6. Should have a current practicing license from the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
7. Should be a committed and mature practicing Christian
Conduct lectures for undergraduate levels in the areas of nursing, midwifery, research and some basic
2. Conduct admission, progressive and end of semester examinations as required.
Moderate examination drafts from the Diploma programmes and colleagues before submission to
4. Supervise undergraduate examination process and participate in marking as required
Will serve as the lead person for community health nursing and domiciliary midwifery courses for
6. Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate research projects
Participate in organizing clinical sites for practical placement of both undergraduate and post
8. Mentor Nursing students and non teaching staff in the Nursing programme.
9. Monitor progress of students in various theoretical & clinical teaching sessions.
Participate in various university programmes & any other official duties as assigned by the Head of