Location: Oakland, CA, USA
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide administrative support for the daily operations of the MPA program.This includes overseeing administrative processes and activities, orchestrating facility needs, scheduling, new hire onboarding, and project requests related to course development and clinical coordination. Responsibilities also include compilation and maintenance of best practices, continuous quality improvement for all aspects of MPA program. The position incorporates an in-depth understanding of the university's services, operations, and standards.The position provides internal and external customer service that represents the department and university.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities:**
**General Administrative Support**
Provide general administrative support to chair, faculty, students, and other internal/external constituents, as necessary
Manage and facilitate confidential and critical information such as employee documents and student health information.
Serve as point-of-contact resource for staff, faculty and vendors.
Represent the department and university to internal and external customers including vendors, applicants, students, staff and faculty
Develop, manage, and maintain scheduling systems for MPA conference call line, Web conferencing and support electronic transmission of lectures and other department activities.
Assist in the proctoring of examinations including scheduling remediation, scanning and preparing reports
**Clinical Coordination Support**
Assist in managing the electronic tracking system to ensure that databases are accurate and current (student data, clinical site information and compliance requirements, preceptor data, and faculty data). When necessary, collect needed information from appropriate parties
Assist in managing the data collection related to the evaluation of quality and quantity of student clinical experiences and student competencies for MPA program evaluation
Schedule site visits for the clinical coordination teamand on behalf of the accrediting agency
Responsible for managing preceptor CME certificates
**Budget and Finance**
Process and verify all invoices, check requests, travel arrangements, honorarium paperwork, and payments, payroll adjustments, purchase requisitions, and P-Card expenditures are accurate and posted to appropriate cost account.
Assist in of the preparation of annual documents such as program reports to accreditation organizations.
Assist in departmental process of onboarding of all new faculty and staff, by coordinating with Human Resources, Academic Affairs and the other SMU departments
Manage complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties, such as white coat ceremonies, commencement, large meetings, retreats, accreditation visits, open houses, and events.
**Other Duties and Special Projects, As Assigned**
Special projects assigned, as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
• Technical expertise within an administrative and operational function
• In-depth understanding of the university services, operations and standards
• General computer applications and systems
• Self-starter that takes initiative and independently develops solutions
• Strong leadership and evaluation skills
• Proficiency in creating and executing well organized project plans
• Analyze data, prepare reports, and present information
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written/oral) and negotiation skills
• Capable of balancing multiple interests and developing collaborative solutions
• Mastery of advanced office/business skills
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project
• Highly developed computer/IT skills is a plus
• Use creative and critical thinking to solve problems and develop alternative solutions
• Effectively prioritize multiple tasks and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
• Handle privileged information in a confidential manner
• High School Graduation required, BA/BS degree strongly preferred
**5. Years of Experience**
• 5 years work experience in a high functioning Administrative Assistant role
• Typical office environment
• Mostly indoor office environment with windows
• Offices with frequent interruptions
• Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer
• Use telephone and other electronic equipment used in general university operations
• May be required to travel to other buildings and campuses
• May be required to attend conference and training sessions within Bay Area or in- or out-of-state locations
• May be required to occasionally travel
_The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence._
**Organization:** Samuel Merritt University
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Employee Referral Bonus:** No
**Position Status:** Non-Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Monday-Friday
**Weekend Requirements:** Other
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.