Must be a holder of at least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in any of the following fields; Counseling
Psychology, Public Administration, Human Resource in Education Administration, Sociology, Public
Relations, Educational Administration or Theology from a recognized institution of Higher learning.
Must be a holder of a good first Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology, Public Administration,
Human Resource in Education Administration, Sociology, Public Relations, Educational Administration or
Theology from a recognized institution of Higher learning.
Must have at least three (3) years proven working experience serving as Dean of Students in Higher
Institution of Learning or Warden of a University Hall of Residence or a Head teacher of a
well-established Secondary School.
4. Must have a clear understanding and appreciation of students’ psychology and peculiar needs
Strong public relations and interpersonal skills, ability to deal and relate with people of various
6. Ability to lead, write reports, motivate and develop staff in the department
7. A person of high integrity, a team leader who is self-driven
Must be a person of strong faith and integrity, a committed Christian with a clear testimony, preferably
To innovate, plan, implement, supervise and monitor strategic departmental activities and annual
action plans and budgets.
2. To plan for and supervise accommodation facilities for all categories of students
3. To Plan for and supervise students’ catering services
4. To Plan for and supervise students’ sports activities in an outside the University
To organize and supervise entertainment, cultural and social activities, club activities and other
6. To liaise with the outside community in matters concerning students.
7. Provide basic counseling services to the students
8. To mediate between and coordinate students and other offices of the University
9. To execute and organize students’ judicial systems at all levels
10. To supervise the students’ Guild leadership and its activities
11. To plan and coordinate, develop and appraise the Human Resources of the departmental staff
12. To supervise the hall-wardens.
13. To save as secretary of Scholarships Committee.
14. Any other official duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.