1. Must have professional qualifications of CPA, CIA or ACCA.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (2:1) from a recognized institution of higher
3. Must have at least two (2) years’ work experience through public accounting/auditing.
Must possess strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building
5. Must have advanced computer skills in MS Office, Accounting software like SAP and FOCUS.
6. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
7. Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
8. Demonstrate high standards of integrity, ethics, objective judgment and independence
9. Should be a mature and committed Christian.
Developing Annual Audit work plan based on Risk Assessment, outlining the scope of work to be carried
out during the year.
Reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance
systems, within the University.
Review operations and programs of different departments to ascertain whether results are consistent
with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as
4. Assessing the relevance, reliability, timeliness and adequacy of management information.
5. Appraising the economy and efficiency with which University resources are employed
Ascertaining the extent of compliance with established internal policies, plans and procedures, and
significant legislative/regulatory requirements.
Reporting to management, the results of audit findings, the audit opinions formed, and the
8. Preparing Audit reports to be distributed to the College Council.
9. Recommending improvements in procedures and systems to prevent waste, extravagance and loss.
10. Advising Management on appropriate systems of internal control and other operational matters.
11. Liaising regularly and coordinates work with external auditors to avoid duplication of work.
12. Witnessing inventory taking of the Universities supplies on semester and annual basis.
Following -up on audit recommendations to ensure appropriate action has been taken on significant
Developing the Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Manual and incase of any amendments seeks
approval of the Local Advisory Committee.
15. Performing any other official duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.