• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration or management with a major in Logistics or in a related field.
• Must at least have 2 years of working experience leading a logistics and procurement team in a
demanding work environment, preferably with an International NGO
• Good presentation and communication skills for a number of different audiences.
• Good time management and organizational skills. Able and willing to meet deadlines and agreed
• Strong willingness to meet the customers’ (clients) needs, while balancing the organization’s needs and
• Fluency in English language and the local languages spoken is an added advantage.
• Understands and is committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
• Receiving all the incoming items /supplies on transit from Nairobi or the field location and making sure
they reach their final destinations and through making sure that all the items /supplies are verified physically
against the supporting waybill;
• Dispatching the items or supplies on transit to their right final point by making sure that items or supplies
on transit are forwarded or reach their respective point of delivery after booking for either airlift or road
• Supervising of the porters and the items /supplies on transit through making sure that the correct figures
and right items, quantity have been Loaded or offloaded as per the waybill;
• Facilitate the prompt border clearance of the cargo dispatched to the field and making sure the C5 forms
are raised against all the B17 and C63 forms in time and forwarded to the customs officer in charge with
C14 / 4 or cargo manifest dully filled for flights or road rotation allocation;
• Weekly Stock taking and Monthly physical inventories through tracking of waybills to ensure they get to the
right destinations and ensuring waybills and mail from the field are received and acted on promptly;
• Sourcing for cost effective and reliable transporters to collect and deliver supplies to their final
• Coordinating all the logistics activities by working closely with Procurement Assistant to ensure timely
collection and submission of invoices to the finance department for payments;
• Maintaining proper filing of logistics documentations for record and reference purposes;
• Carrying out physical inventory in the stores and warehouse;
• Execute any other task as and when assigned by the supervisor.
World Vision has been working in South Sudan since 1989 and was one of the few aid agencies that provided emergency assistance during war to the displaced populations in what was then the Southern Sudan region of Sudan. After the country became independent in 2011, World Vision began recovery and development activities.