• University degree or qualification in economic, business, international development, social sciences, food
security or other related field.
• At least 2 years proven experience in emergency programmes.
• Experience in project management.
• Experience in the training of vulnerable and disadvantaged communities desired.
• Experience in urban programming preferred.
• Knowledge of Arabic communication skills an added advantage.
• A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
• Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
• Ability to manage work life without supervision
• Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
• Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship
conditions with limited resources
• Ability to scan the environment and adapt quickly to the needs or come up with suitable options.
• Able to use a computer, with wordprocessing
and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office)
1 Project Management
• Implement the Cash for Training project, in Juba Operational Area. Ensure that all set targets are met; cash
and other resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, distributed, tracked, fully
accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and the Donor policy.
• Lead the registration process to ensure that all eligible cash transfer beneficiaries are identified, targeted and
registered according to the project guidelines.
• To foster good working relationship with all cash transfer vendors, in order to ensure success of the project.
• Support the Project Manager in the overall management of the program activities related to the transfer of
cash to the beneficiaries in Juba
• Lead the field teams in the identification and assessment and verification of the cash grant beneficiaries.
• Supervise the preparation of payments sheets of the beneficiaries for payments through the chosen platform.
• Lead the distribution of cash grants to the project beneficiaries in the communities where Cash in Transit is
• Keep records and manage documentation of all the transactions and related documents
• Lead the district team in carrying out Food security monitoring, in liaison with the M and E officer.
• Develop in liaison with the M and E Team, a monitoring framework to ensure that scheduled learning
sessions are conducted by the facilitators
• Lead the project staff ensuring that there is an effective result oriented working culture that has respect for
established organizational standards and attainment of set outputs.
• Supervise the production of key internal (WV) and external reporting requirements for the CFA/CFT project.
• Work in collaboration with other key relevant organizations and institutions in the implementation of the
World Vision has been working in South Sudan since 1989 and was one of the few aid agencies that provided emergency assistance during war to the displaced populations in what was then the Southern Sudan region of Sudan. After the country became independent in 2011, World Vision began recovery and development activities.