To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a
consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Strong crit ical thinking and problem solving ski lls.
• Ability to cope with stress and live in basic conditions; flexibility and patience.
• Previous experience working with Procurement, Food Assistance and/ or Agricultural
programs and/or community-based programming in Africa.
• Strong verbal and written_(reporting and email) communication in English. Any leve l of
• Ability to network and build relationships with government, civil society, and community
• Strong Christian faith and spiritual maturity.
• Strong Computer Skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Must have the ability to
quickly communicate with written detailed explanations via email or instant messaging such
• Experience with and have a working knowledge of Access or other relational data base
• Carry out all actions with Integrity.
• Communicate clearly, consistently and quickly by email, skype and phone.
• Design, implement and maintain an effective system of procurement, transportation, and
storage of all project and office relief and support materials and commodities.
• Act as a focal point for logistical requests from the team, implementing and safegua rding
Samaritan's Purse field procurement system.
• Develop and implement reliable and appropriate processes for orderly, effective and safe
distribution of re lief items in the field, helping to manage the distribution.
• Assist the area coordinator with decision making related to fie ld operations.
• Provide support in the achievement of the objectives of the program.
• Assist in maintenance and improving the project logistic systems, vehicles, radio/ electrical
and other equipment.
• Manage and maintain the vehicle fleet, ensuring that all the vehicles are properly maintained
and used within SP policy.
• Ensure logistical success of project goals, including transportation and storage of
communities to field locations, collation of waybills and waybill reporting.
• Formally report on security and logistical status of project s and field sites to the Area
Coordinator as well as the formal briefing of the project team.
• Hire and manage national logistics and security staff, if necessary.
• Manage strategic relationships with customs clearance, airport authorizes, NGO and military
logistical personnel where applicable, merchants and other significant individuals.
• Maintain careful records of all compound inventoried items, noting their movement and
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.