We are looking for Food Accounting Information & Reporting Officer
Related course from a recognized University.
• Solid background in the Window Operating System – XP in particular. Comfortable invoking, stopping or
restarting System Services, installing and uninstalling software, creating user groups and setting up user
• Solid networking skills – able to set up, securing and administer wireless adhoc
to isolate and troubleshoot network connectivity difficulties accordingly and through running IP configuration
tools, resetting wireless connections. Understands TCP/IP protocol.
• Knowledgeable of Relational Database Management Systems – exposure to MySQL highly desirable,including the use of database management tools (such as MySQL Query Browser and Administrator).
• Ability to troubleshoot IT problems – both hardware and identify software failings. Aware of how to log, track
and systematically troubleshoot IT problems.
1-LMMS System operation:
• Oversees wireless connectivity issues between mobile devices, routers and roaming servers in field
operations, trouble shooting where necessary.
• Ensures correct functioning of LMMS in beneficiary registration, enrolment, household updates and
commodity distribution activities. Troubleshoots technical problems as they arise (including forcing the
movement of filed data to permanent data repositories).
• Ensure backups of field data collection and ensures safety of data collected in field operations by password
control to databases and encryption of laptop data where required.
• Help administer LMMS system users within the project in coordination with the commodity officer / manager.
2-Consolidation and Reviewing of Monthly Reports: (CTS)
3-Assist consolidation of monthly commodity reports from the field into the CTS database in order to produce
major reports (CSS, CSR, RSR, LSR) to donors and other stakeholders. Ensure timely submission of the
replication and backups which include field reports, warehouse reports etc by 5th of every month for timely
consolidation at the NO.
• Updating FGDB project progress reports
• Liaise with CO’s to ensure timely submission of beneficiary lists and backups by 10th of every month,
• Maintain a neat, organized and chronological filing system, ensuring that hard copies of the recommended
reports are available and easy to access at any required time.Update the shipment registers and shipment
receipt summaries to make sure that the soft copy and files are up to date for easy accessibility on monthly
• Update the Loss claim registers and loss files to make sure that the soft copy and the files are up to date for
easy accessibility on monthly basis.
• Make frequent visits to the field locations to assist in CTS documentation and accountability.
• Collect all the receipts and dispatch summary, truck inspection reports, loss reports, physical inventory,
warehouse inspection report, distribution summaries and distribution center visit reports.
• Work closely with the global LMMS Support personnel in all aspects of the technology readiness and rollout,
in addition to providing feedback to, and receiving technical instructions from, the LMMS Field based System
Support and Developer Officers on IT upgrades, maintenance and new developments
• Administration of LMMS asset control procedures.
• Participate in a forum of IT support staff for LMMS/CTS for sharing common experiences and troubleshooting
4- Capacity development
• Leads capacity development with field staff to ensure adequate LMMS/CTS coverage.
• Work with the Senior CARO officer to supervise and provide training for all other PRRO staff especially
World Vision has been working in South Sudan since 1989 and was one of the few aid agencies that provided emergency assistance during war to the displaced populations in what was then the Southern Sudan region of Sudan. After the country became independent in 2011, World Vision began recovery and development activities.