Location: Jeffersonville, IN, USA
SERVICE CENTER ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
A leading in powered suspended access solutions company is looking for an Administrative Assistant for our NEW Service Center in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
Our operation is growing, business is great, and we are seeking the best individuals to join our dynamic team. If you are detail-orientated and enjoy the challenge of working in a deadline-based schedule this will be a great role for you.
SafeWorks, LLC is the global leader in powered suspended access solutions. Since the introduction of the original Spider work basket in 1947, we have been designing, manufacturing, distributing and services suspended scaffolding and fall protection solutions to end users and through equipment dealers under the Spider, Power Climber, Power Climber Wind and DualLift brands. Now part of the BrandSafway family.
Spider by BrandSafway manufactures and designs suspended access equipment products including traction hoists, drum hoists, suspended scaffolding, modular platforms, rigging equipment, aerial work cages or swing stages (or swing stage), and wire rope, electrical and welding accessories for heavy commercial construction and industrial operation, maintenance and repair projects. From oil and gas power plants, to infrastructure and elevators, to offshore utilities and wind energy markets our temporary suspended access platforms and scaffolding equipment provide safe, productive solutions. Offering scaffolding rental or sale options from locations in the Americas, Spider's full line of suspended scaffolding solutions puts contractors to work at height safely and reliably.
SafeWorks is well-positioned for growth and success as we continue to deliver market-leading solutions globally.
Our employees enjoy competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package to learn about us please visit our webpage at www.spiderstaging.com.
Spider is committed to achieving a drug-free workplace. Applicants must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Position is responsible for providing administrative support for the daily operations of the Regional Service Center.
This position supports all service activity for suspended access products serviced by the Service Center. Duties include but not limited to maintaining service records, requisitioning parts, expediting, accounts payable and receivable, managing inventories, coordination of equipment moves within regions, negotiation of inter-regional inventory transfers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited:
• Procure and track inbound material to support service center's functions.
• Manage optimal use of shipping and logistics network.
• Communicate outbound equipment needs with management and employees.
• Maintain historical records consisting of maintenance, outbound shipment and inventory management documentation.
• Manage data in ERP System.
• Manage time reporting of service center staff
. Manage safety & training reporting.
• Review and approve vendor invoices.
• Communicate between Corporate and Branch offices.
• Manage paperwork flow between service center and remote administrative teams.
• Perform any other tasks or duties as assigned or directed by upper management.
This position reports directly to the Service Center Manager.
• High school and minimum 2 year accounting or business related degree.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of business operations support experience.
• Previous experience providing external and internal customer service support.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent phone presence and customer service skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good inventory planning and expediting skills.
• Demonstrates initiative and independent problem solving.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have experience creating complex financial spreadsheets, and experience creating pivot tables.
• Ability to participate and cooperate in a team-oriented environment.
• Experience with ERP or MRP systems.
• Proficiency in JD Edwards (JDE) preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most work is conducted in an office environment with concentration in using personal computers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office working environment.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities required of employees assigned to this position.
Job Ref: SW19 - L018
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status.