• Registered midwife with a Diploma in midwifery, registered at national nursing
• PMTCT, BeMONC, advanced life support in obstetrics additional training will be
Experience and Competencies
• At least 2 years' experience in the position
• Previous working experience in Africa and South Sudan will be considered as an
• Previous experience in rural hardship area
• Strong interpersonal and planning skills
• Self-motivation and initiative
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic will be
• Ability to work with medium supervision
• Team building attitude
• Receives report on patients' condition in order to be able to plan and carry out
relevant nursing care.
• Receives proper handover on all ward equipment, ensuring their proper usage,
keeping them clean and function ing well, in case of poorly functioning equipment,
reports them immediately to the ward in charge for repair or replacement.
• Ensures Clean and Safe working environment, including flexibility to demonstrate to
the cleaners the required cleaning practices.
• Expected to organize ward activities especially routine ward-rounds with the wardDoctor
and senior midwife.
• Asses patients' conditions through observations and constant interactions with them
or their relatives, charts those observations to enable the other midwives and
doctor to monitor the patients' progress.
• The prospective candidate will be required to participate actively in the project's
routine statistics reporting including the preparation of activity monthly narrative
• He I she will be expected to prepare instrument procedure sets and trolleys when
required and assist the doctor when performing the procedures.
• The candidate is expected to follow-up on the patient's investigation's requested
and timely availability of the results.
• Administers drugs following the right criteria, keeps them in safe custody,
Documents and signs in the patients file any drug given and orders drugs from
pharmacy as required with counter signature of the ward in charge.
• Perform and organize routine health education to the patients and their care-takers.
• Pays more attention to patients without care takers and reports their special needs
to the ward in charge.
• He/She should possess knowledge and skills in proving proper holistic supportive
nursing care to the patients.
• Able to provide goal oriented antenatal care as provided for in the national and
WHO policy protocol.
• Executes delegated duties from; the line manager and ward-Doctor
• Exhibit's skilled ability in labour monitoring, management and safe delivery.
• Should be able to follow-up on departmental medical supplies consumption through
the routine use of drug stock cards.
• He/She will be required to contribute in the management of abortion and provide
proper post-abortal care
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is truly a swiftly evolving journey: this evolution involves its staff, projects, relationships and the national and international political framework. The adventure which began in Padua in 1950 has since its founding reached out in over a thousand directions. Over a thousand, as many as the people who have given their service to Doctors with Africa CUAMM, offering their own commitment, professional and humanitarian, in many parts of the world.