We are looking for Registrar - Patient Financial Services - Part-Time - Days
Location: Brooklyn , NY, United States
LocationBrooklyn, New York Shift:Day (United States of America) Description:
In this role, the Registrar maintains a smooth workflow with the Access Department's staff. Obtains registration forms to ensure all information is correct in order to confidentially, efficiently, accurately and professionally register patient. Interviews patients or representatives for financial and demographic data, accurately inputting information into the Hospital's financial computer system. May work directly with physicians, nurses, affiliated or nonaffiliated hospitals, Administration, and varied Hospital Departments to ensure continuity of patient care. Performs all duties as assigned, consistent with the NewYork-Presybyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital's commitment to providing quality health care services in a compassionate and humane manner.
- Acts as liaison between Access Departments and varied Hospital Departments and Physicians
- Efficiently answers , screens and redirects heavy incoming telephone calls.
- Contact patients or representatives and registers patients to ensure demographic information, insurance coverage, referring physicians other pertinent information is captured and entered into Eagle computer system.
- Enter visit notifications into financial system to complete registration process.
- Confirms authorizations & pre certifications with insurance and physicianâs office.
- Collection of Point of Service Cash
- Performs other job related duties relating to Departmental needs.
- Able to function in face paced, high volume patient area efficiently and accurately while maintain departmental productivity expectations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Requires minimum of one year experience in some aspect of Patient Financial Services
- Working knowledge of and experience with the EAGLE, EPACES, and MEDE/AIM Systems and other related subsystems preferred.
- Flexibility highly developed interpersonal skills and a comfort level in a fast paced area of the hospital.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- EXCEL and WORD PERFECT experience required.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2018 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2018 âAmericaâs Best Employers.â - Forbes
- 2018 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact for any query