- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to mainstream WASH into Health and Nutrition is a MUST
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Environmental/Public Health Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in working as a WASH Officer
- Mainstreaming WASH into Health and Nutrition Programme
- At least 3 years’ experience in supervision of construction/rehabilitation of basic sanitation facilities at Health Facilities.
• Be the focal point person for the effective implementation of WASH activities under Health and Nutrition Programme in NBeG.
• Oversee and manage the Water Sanitation and Hygiene activities at health facilities. This will include both hardware and software components of WASH.
• Develop design plans, working drawings, and technical specifications, bill of quantities as per approved standards by national and international standards for all construction works outlined on all project designs, including emergency sanitation facilities.
• Establish and oversee implementation of systems for efficiently controlling the quality of technical works; closely tracking works progress against payment and work plans, and controlling the quality of the final construction outputs as per donor and user community expectations.
• Coordinate and mobilise user groups, including formation of effective household based sanitation committees and water user management committees to within each of the health facilities and nearby communities that use the same water source with the health facilities.
• Prepare all procurement, contracting and construction management documentation. Enhance programme efficiency and effectiveness through evidence-based approach and implementation follow-up.
We work with the world's poorest people to transform their lives. Together with our amazing supporters, we are working for a world free from hunger and poverty. Find out more about us, the countries where we work and how you can help.