We are looking for Project Manager (ELMA (Pregnant Teens and Adolescent Moms)
• Post Graduate Degree and/or 5-10 years of experience in Community Development, OVC, Health, Social Welfare, Development Studies, Gender Studies Or
Education. Experience implementing community health activities in the field with a focus on adolescent girts and young women preferred
• A confident self-starter who displays initiative, creativity and strategic thinking
• Understanding of gender dynamics and issues affecting girls’ education and adolescent development
• Experience or willingness to tackle sensitive subjects concerning girts’ education, early manage teen pregnancy with community members, schools,
caregivers, local authorities, etc.
• Good knowledge of case management, community-facility linkages, integration of multiple programmes, national child policies and programmes.
• Experience working as part of a multi program organization
• Good knowledge of administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of sub awards and contracts.
• Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required. Numerical skis for data analysis are required.
■ Strong skills and experience leading/working across technical teams, networking. facilitation and strategic thinking
• High levels of integrity and commitment to growing leadership and management skills
1. Programme Development and Implementation (20%)
• Provide overall technical and management leadership and financial oversight to the project which includes managing partner relations and ensuring
technical excellence and sound management
• Provide hands-on technical and management mentoring and support supervision to project staff to build technical capacity and provide effective
mentorship and guidance to staff and partners
• Inculcate results-based management and planning approaches to help ensure that targets are met in a timely fashion and that barriers to high quality
programming are identified and resolved
• Work closely with the procurement, finance and/or other administrative or operational teams to ensure that processes are well understood and that
bottlenecks are resolved to avoid programming delays
Project Manager (ELMA (Pregnant Teens and Adolescent Moms) – Uganda Jobline
1 of 3 10/26/2016 4:05 PM
• Liaise and work closely with the Government of Uganda (GoU) and relevant ministries in the development, roll out assessment revision of models to
promote harmonization with national policy and to advocate for scale up of successful program components
• Represent WEI/B to GoU and other key stakeholders
World Education improves the quality of life through education for half a million children and adults in 22 countries. World Education's programs promote individual and collective change: Our training programs improve adult education, help displaced peoples, stem the tide of HIV, and reduce violence through conflict resolution. How do we do it? World Education is a leader in building the skills, knowledge and resources of local groups so they can accomplish their missions effectively