• A minimum of a Masters degree in Agricultural Sciences or related fields.
• Specialized training in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Organizational Leadership.
• Knowledge of different not-for-profit and private sector engagements and approaches is considered necessary for the position.
• State-of-the-art knowledge of agricultural development issues
• At least seven (7) years’ experience as a member of the top leadership team(s) in a similar/related organization.
• Experience of participating in governance roles (board level).
• International exposure is required;
• Experience of working within the East African region is preferred.
• Capacity to generate and disseminate well-articulated influential knowledge products.
• Demonstrable capability in networking and building strategic alliances, and partnerships with the private sector, NGOs, multilateral agencies, public
agencies and governments in the region and beyond.
• Experience in supporting growth of agribusiness ventures.
• Track record of successful fundraising and revenue generation efforts for institutions similar to KT.
• Expertise in leading ante and post implementation studies related to various programs
• Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking), and Swahili (conversational). A working knowledge of French is an added advantage..
• Proven proficiency in providing leadership and direction to employees spread across a wide region and in different countries.
• Willingness and ability to travel within the East African region and internationally
1. To proactively develop, implement, evaluate, update and present the Strategic Plan (including specific, quantifiable and time-bound targets) of KT;
within the context of a changing operational environment.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Uganda Jobline
1 of 3 10/26/2016 4:04 PM
2. ‘I’o promote and market KT within East Africa and globally as a leading independent agricultural development organization supporting innovation for
smallholders in the region through both not-for-profit and social entrepreneurship interventions.
3. To develop and lead the implementation of partnership and alliance strategy that enables the Trust to leverage and nurture strategic partnerships.
4. Lead in the planning and implementation of KT’s fund-raising efforts for supporting current programs and future expansion; including identifying
funding resources, establishing strategies to approach potential funders, submitting proposals and maintaining relevant documentation.
5. To identify, reduce, mitigate and manage all relevant risks as they relate to the Trust’s financial, reputational, brand and others assets in tandem with the
values and deeds of KT.
6. To coordinate internal and external evaluations with respect to the delivery of organizational targets in quantifiable and attributable outcomes and
impact -and present them in terms of value-for-money, value additive solutions, and quantifiable benefits accruing to target populations.
7. To provide strategic direction and oversight to the senior leadership team, country managers and other key staff to ensure financial health of KT and
compliance to statutory requirements.
8. To prepare and present accurate timely and regular reports, briefs, and updates to the Board of Trustees concerning progress against the strategic and
annual business plans as per the Board mandate and needs.
9. To recruit, hire, train, manage, lead, and develop the Kilimo senior management team and regional senior staff in a manner that ensures the staff
members are highly qualified, experienced, and competent in appropriate areas in relation to Kilimo Mission and strategic intent.
10. To institute, implement and review policies, regulations, rules and guidelines that promote efficient, effective and harmonious functioning of KT as per
the organizations Mission, ethos and values.
11. Without any prejudice to the foregoing; to perform, in a professional and ethical manner, all duties typical of the office held by Chief Executive Officer
as described in the Deeds of KT.
Kilimo Trust is committed to supporting the people of East African Community (EAC) Region, to achieve market-based solutions to food and nutrition security. Therefore, the core business of the Trust is tosupport the transformation of food and nutrition security in the EAC Region away from high risk subsistence farming into lower risk trade-based systems