We are looking for Accountant - Financial Reporting and Special Projects
• A valid professional certification (CA; CPA; etc.) from an internationally
recognized, accredited chartered accountancy institution is required in
conjunction with a relevant first-level (Bachelor's) university degree. An
advanced university degree (Master's) is an advantage.
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, at the national and
international levels, in Finance, Budget, Accounting, or a directly-related
field(s) is required.
1. Financial Accounting:
(a) Establish and maintain procedures, systems and controls to ensure
inventory activities are accurate and complete and recorded in the UNICEF
general ledger on a timely basis.
(b) Work with ITSS to address system deficiencies and to develop, test and
support the introduction of new system requirements. Procedures will
• reconciliation of the system modules in which information related to
inventory activities are recorded;
• review and analysis of information to detect and, in collaboration with
other HQ and field offices, resolve issues related to inventory activities.
(c) Establish and maintain procedures, systems and controls to ensure
reserve activities are accurate and complete and
recorded in the UNICEF general ledger on a timely basis.
(d) Lead and manage the procurement activities for the annual actuarial
valuation and review the report for actuarially valued employee benefit
liabilities in coordination/consultation with the actuary and determine and
record the period-end accounting transactions. Provide interpretation,
instruction, guidance and education to Human Resource and
payroll personnel on all matters of accounting and reporting for payroll and
2. Financial Reporting:
(a) Provide support to periodic financial closure activities, in the areas of:
• Preparation of instructions and schedules as appropriate for the collection
of information from field offices;
• Coordinate activities related to inventory count, reconciliation to records
and valuation, where these are performed in
conjunction with external parties;
• Review and analysis of financial information on inventory, employee
benefits and other accounting areas as necessary;
• Preparation of financial accounting adjustments;
• Complete and appropriate disclosure of inventory, employee benefits in
compliance with UNICEF Financial Regulations
• Participate in the planning and completion of UNICEF's monthly, quarterly
and year-end financial closures and
coordinate work with other units as required for IPSAS compliant financial
• Support development and implementation of strong management
reporting, financial analysis tools, key performance
indicators and control activities.
• Perform complex analytical assignments and provide subject matter
expertise on International Public Sector Accounting
Standards (IPSAS) to support the proper treatment for complex business
Unicef new york
All children deserve to live happy and healthy lives. Make a 100% tax-deductible donation today to give the world’s most vulnerable children the nutrition, water, and medical supplies they desperately need.