We are looking for Producer, Editor – Wadajir Radio Programme
Fluent in both Somali and English both written and spoken.
Significant recent experience as a broadcast or print journalist for the target area, both in originating ideas and material and in editing the work of others.
Excellent broadcasting voice and appropriate presentation style to communicate effectively with the listeners.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of Wadajir Framework
Ability to anticipate changes in the market and to plan and guide the program’s output accordingly.
Deep understanding of digital technology and the internet and real knowledge of the potential of new technology.
Experience of supervising staff, motivating them and leading by example.
Excellent team management and personal leadership skills, including the ability to identify strengths and weaknesses within the team and build on this
Ability to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
Experience of and confidence in managing budgets/resources effectively.
Experience of and willingness to go on reporting trips, overseas postings or undertake special series.
Has the personal characteristics to advocate the programme Values and behaviours and provide the inspiration for staff commitment around these values.
1. Generating and researching ideas for programmes; sourcing potential contributors and interviewees.
2. Organising events and inviting members of the public as well as important government officials to participate in debates, phone ins and collecting voxpops
for Wadajir Programme to be held twice a month;
3. Leading a team of Radio presenters and technicians continually motivating them to produce high quality programmes.
4. Selecting topics appropriate to the programme, the audience and the station;
5. Producing pre-production briefings for presenters, reporters, technical staff and other contributors;