1. University Degree in Business related field. Post graduate and or Banking qualifications will
be an added advantage.
2. Minimum of 10 years' experience in retail and corporate banking, treasury and commercial
banking operations, customer service, governance and controls with at least 8 years· in
senior to top management position.
3. Track record of attaining targets of business growth and profitability in the financial services
and banking sector.
4. Have appreciation and operating knowledge of the regional banking industry [especially
operating dyhamics of East Africa). market and global trends as well as challeng~s.
5. Demonstrable cross-cultural, people and relationship management skills, team motivation
and leadership compete nce.
6. Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of corporate governance,
business and banking operations of East Africa.
7. Demonstrable ability to adapt and operate in a matrix management and reporting
1. Lead and direct Senior Management and Business Teams of KCB Bank Tanzania
2. Lead and formulate Business Plans and Strategies for KCB Bank Tanzania
3. Deliver profitability. business and market share growth strategies of KCB Bank Tanzania in
accordance with short, medium and long term budgetary targets and plans.
4. Continually review business strategies and plans in response to changing operating
environment and emanating business challenges while r~taining focus to overall business
5. Champion and propagate the KCB brand platform internally and externally across KCB Bank
Tanzania (purpose, vision, mission, va lues. behaviors and promise!..
6. Manage and maintain a robust monitoring, controls, busjness continuity, governance and risk
managemen~vironment for KCB Bank =ranzania. -
- 7. Mamtain proactive oversight in ensuring adherence to external and internal statutory and
regulatory standards, r isk and compliance management.
8. Provide, manage and maintain comprehensive business status reporting with robust key
performance I risk indicators and tracking thereof.
9. Manage and maintain relationships with key/strategic stakeholders: Boards of Di rectors,
KCB Group EXCO, managing directors, divisional directors, statutory and regulatory
authorities, government and quasi-government bodies, key customers and service providers