University degree in Medicine (MD, MBChB, MBBS) from an accredited academic medical institution
• Three or more years’ experience postmedical
degree in clinical work with the government or private or
• Basic surgical skills, including ability to perform caesarean sections and other surgical emergencies an added
• Demonstrated interest in Continuous Medical learning for self and others
• Flexibility and willingness to adjust to changing responsibilities or needs as they arise
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to design and plan projects
• Proven ability to work cooperatively with others in a diversified team environment
• Good communication skills, including professional fluency in spoken and written English
• Good computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Patients at the hospital. Focus on MCH is a priority area;
• Manage all components of the ongoing medical practice setup
based on the South Sudan treatment
guidelines and protocols;
• Participate in performing surgeries (both emergency and elective) to patients in need and provide postoperative
care as directed by the Obstetrician/gynecologist, Surgeon or Pediatrician;
• Participate in supportive supervision for junior staff and provide on the job training during ward rounds, in
theatre, OPD and as needed;
• Participate in medical officers’ duty rotation in maternity, surgery and pediatrics
• Participate in monitoring the drugs and medical consumables consumption rates to ensure effective but cost
effective utilization of medicines and medical consumables;
• Assist the Hospital management in preparation of equipment, drugs and medical consumables orders. This
includes selection, acquisition, training and maintenance to offer a high degree of healthcare delivery.
• Assist with developing of teaching resources, materials and programs for the Clinical Officers, midwifery and
• Collaborate and work closely with the Senior Nursing & Midwifery Officer to meet established medical and
client service care.
• Collaborate with the Hospital management in the development and implementation of continuing medical
education and conduct presentation for clinical staff through scheduled lectures and educational
• Provide supervision and leadership of Clinical Officers including assessment of clinical competence and
current best practices.
• Review Clinical Officers and other clinical Staffs performance, adherence to guidelines and protocols to
ensure quality of care.
• Assist in providing data and other information required for donor and institutional reporting
• Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
World Vision has been working in South Sudan since 1989 and was one of the few aid agencies that provided emergency assistance during war to the displaced populations in what was then the Southern Sudan region of Sudan. After the country became independent in 2011, World Vision began recovery and development activities.