• Bachelor Degree in civil engineering, some college coursework completed, an Associate
Degree or equivalent higher education degree in construction, or any related technical field.
• Additional vocational training in water supply, sanitation or any related technical field.
• 4-6 years of experience in construction, engineering or similar technical position.
• Advanced conversational in English, Amharic & Arabic; proficiency in Nuer language an asset.
• Expert level in computer skills (MS Office and some CAD, sketch up drawing. & design software)
• Driving license, succeeded in ICRC driving test.
• Plans and organizes visits on site.
• Analyses the collected information, draws appropriate conclusions & makes recommendations
• Proposes and designs WatHab projects to meet the assessed needs according to objectives.
• Carries out costing of projects and prepares BoQs.
• Prepares tender documents
• Contributes to the planning and organisation of activities together with the WatHab delegate.
• Ensures works are implemented correctly, on time, and within budget.
• Manage contractors and/or daily workers in the field
• Monitors and evaluates the program regularly.
• Ensures that objectives are respected under the supervision of the WatHab delegate
• Reports on problems without delay to the direct supervisor.
• Regularly updates WPA projects to keep information up to date.
• Provides statistics or other reports when required.
• Contributes to institutional reporting (QTR etc.).
• Develops and maintains a network of relevant contacts to further the WatHab programme.
• Submits the monthly Time Reporting.
• Contributes to the monthly financial forecast together with the WatHab delegate in charge.
• Ensures payments of daily workers, suppliers and contractors according to procedure.
• Makes orders through WPA or FSS according to procedure.
• Maintains a list of suppliers and contractors up to date.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively
humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also
endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening international Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles