Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Provides administrative and operational clerical support to National Legal department attorneys, managers and/or staff. Responsibilities may include answering phones and relaying messages/information to both division staff and callers; scheduling/calendaring meetings and conferences; maintaining filing systems; ordering/stocking office supplies; opening/sorting mail. Types/proofreads/composes correspondence; creates graphs and presentations; researches issues as needed.
- Provides complex administrative and/or project support to the division attorneys and managers. Process sensitive and confidential information with the utmost judgment and tact, recognizing any legal privilege issues, time constraints and political implications.
- Answers phones, takes messages, screens calls, and greets KP visitors or vendors. Uses appropriate telephone etiquette, routes calls using independent judgment; may research issues if needed and ensures follow-up. Interfaces daily with KP employees across multiple organizations and external parties as a liaison for the department.
- Manages multiple calendars and schedules/plans meetings, and anticipates Managers upcoming work. May research, plan and arrange events including hotel and conference facilities. Makes travel arrangements.
- Drafts routine correspondence for attorneys and other staff from brief notes or verbal requests. Organizes and assembles complex legal and other documents required for briefs, responses to state and federal agencies and subpoenas. Checks mailings to ensure that all relevant parties are included.
- Creates documents, reports, and presentation materials with charts&illustrations, and proofs content for accuracy.
- Gathers and inputs data, maintains established databases and document management system. Maintains physical and electronic files in accordance with accepted legal practices.
- Researches and collects information needed to complete project tasks or reports.
- Tracks outside counsel expenditures and process for payment; verifies recharges across business units. Manages expense reports through KPERS.
- Ensures coverage for absent staff members. Performs other department specific duties as assigned. Participates in cross-training efforts with other support staff members.
- Minimum five (5) years of administrative assistant experience supporting at the manager/director level, or related experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Has substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to learn and apply a thorough understanding of the organization and its functional policies and processes.
- Strong writing skills to create difficult and more detailed correspondence.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of two or more of Microsoft Office Suite applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Access, depending upon department or business needs.
- Working knowledge of email and office equipment (fax, phone, copier, etc.).
- Ability to coordinate multiple and difficult calendars and arrange meetings.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Legal experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Legal Administrative Assistant III
LOCATION: Oakland, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.