We are looking for Centralized Scheduling Coordinator - Scheduling (Part-Time)
PeaceHealth is seeking a Centralized Scheduling Coordinator - Scheduling (Part-Time) for a 0.4 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of Variable .
Req ID: 181387
Supports the Centralized/Integrated Scheduling department by coordinating surgeries, procedures, exams, therapies and evaluations for multiple hospital and outpatient departments, modalities and facilities. Facilitates equipment, third party schedules, prior authorization, physicians' schedules and staffing assignments. Coordinates efficient operation of the department by completing support activities as assigned.
Serves as central point of communication for community referring physicians and offices, system patient services, and caregivers to secure resources necessary for patient care. Interfaces and/or works directly with nursing units, technologists, physicians, community offices and other medical facilities to coordinate cases and appointments.
Receives incoming phone calls related to all aspects of scheduling and coordination of patients and resources. Supports patients, caregivers, families and authorized organizations in understanding the course of pre-procedure and exam testing.
Assures all changes to the block and schedule are in accordance with policies and alerts appropriate leadership when out of compliance. Promotes adherence to leadership and board agreements in scheduling practices.
Collects and evaluates patient demographic, insurance, clinical and non-clinical information.
Analyzes clinical information and/or patient medical history to determine conflicts regarding scheduling surgeries, procedures and exams that would require consultation and resolution.
Analyses algorithm assigned to each department, modality and facility to identify how to best coordinate services. Assists in the update of guidelines and policies.
Coordinates and schedules third party resources, equipment, caregivers and providers while maximizing efficiencies and contributing to positive patient and caregiver experiences.
Maintains template, block and schedule for multiple hospitals and outpatient departments and resources.
Identifies inaccuracies and missing data that would affect departments' financial results; monitors cancellation and rescheduling of cases and appointments to manage schedules, equipment and blocks; identifies potential resource conflicts and works with leadership to resolve.
Ensures cases and appointments have prior authorization; may coordinate with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility and prior authorization.
Creates and runs reports by department and modality to audit performance. Audits and arranges cases and appointments to ensure maximum efficiency of physicians and caregivers.
Obtains required paper work and/or electronic form for chart completion; ensures orders, history and physical, and consents are compliant.
Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Associates degree required; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- CNA or MA preferred
- Completion of basic anatomy/physiology class related to exams, especially surgical pre and post-operative diagnosis and interventional procedures preferred.
- Minimum 2 years scheduling and health records experience in a hospital or healthcare setting required.
- Experience with scheduling is preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records system required.
- Experience in scheduling multiple healthcare departments and/or facilities preferred.
- Experience with compliance and legal documentation of orders, history and physical and consents preferred.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of surgeries, procedures and exams performed in a hospital or an outpatient setting preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- If CNA or MA, certification from appropriate state required.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and responsibility in an environment with multiple demands, interruptions and time frames, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service and clear and concise telephone skills required.
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills that demonstrate positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) applications.
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 20 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video , and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn ! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
To learn more please visit: jobs.peacehealth.org . Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham , St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $ 18.62 , more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: *N/A
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.