• Experienced Senior Producer/Director and should be able to demonstrate:
o Excellent directing and editing ability
o Experience of leading and managing a production team
o Experience of producing and delivering radio programmes
able to deliver to programme deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Simple Arabic. Ability to communicate effectively in at least one
other South Sudanese language an advantage.
• Creative thinking and the ability to find solutions and execute them.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
• Proven time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
• Strong team player; able to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate patience to team members
• At least 3 years of experience in the same or similar field.
• Strong knowledge of and interest in a range of development issues in South Sudan.
• Direct, produce, and oversee the production and recording of all media content, ensuring it is creative,
engaging, and with a high quality of storytelling and acting.
• Manage the production team/s in all stages from preproduction,
production, and postproduction,
deliverables and deadlines are met.
• Liaise with the Senior Projects Manager on the weekly editorial sign off for productions.
• Support Senior Projects Manager in providing programmatic input for donor reports.
• Work with editorial, research and learning, and project teams, to ensure all content meets communication
• Supervise writers in delivering high quality scripts that resonate and connect with audiences, and are rooted
in BBC MA’s behaviour change model.
• Supervise Editors and Technical Assistants in ensuring programmes are completed on time, are of high
technical quality and editorial standard.
• To supervise Editors and Technical Assistants in ensuring programmes are completed, distributed to all
broadcast partners on time, and that monthly records of broadcasts, schedules, and airtime
• To lead the final mixing of all factual and drama content, ensuring high quality sound, good use of sound
effects, and music.
• To lead weekly editorial and production meetings, for both factual and drama outputs.
• Provide editorial support and guidance to BBC MA production teams and local partner radio stations where
and when required.
• Ensure that the language of programmes is as accurate and simple as possible and includes marginalised
voices from around the country.
• To liaise with an externally contracted production teams where appropriate (i.e. actors)
• To produce and direct publicity jingles to partner stations and NGOs.
• To attend training provided by an international production trainer, and to deliver fieldbased
training as and when required.
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing
countries. To achieve this, it partners with civil society, local media and governments to:
• Produce creative programmes based on robust research in multimedia formats which inform and engage
audiences around key development issues.
• Strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.