Location: Pella, IA, USA
You're not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We're a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact - on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do More®.
1 - First Shift
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide support role functions to the department. This position strives to make decisions and communicate with various departments involving employee programs, legal, training, safety and Company managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. General office administration including, but not limited to, stock office supplies, facilitate office moves with layout and organization, update association/magazine subscriptions, update internal phone lists, mail lists, organizational charts, and provide conference room calendars, and coordinate IKON services.
3. Provide support on special projects for other department.
4. Assist with scheduling and various projects including (creating letters, memos, reports, business correspondence, team minutes, binders, presentations, analysis, travel arrangements) as needed to support. This also includes the process to review and coordinate VMOS, weekly agenda and action plans, meetings, and other communications.
5. Document preparation and provide support within the department such as Standard Work, creative communications, and presentations.
6. Manage department programs and employee/customer events.
7. Coordinate communication and correspondence.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma is the minimal requirement, yet an Associate's Degree in Business Management is preferred with 3 years previous job experience and/or combination of education and experience, required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to practice time and project management skills to multiple projects.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Ability maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to key 50 wpm to meet project deadlines.
Up to 5% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Our reach is global, our impact is personal. By joining Vermeer, you won't just be making the right step for your career. You'll be making a real, personal impact on our people, our customers and our world.
Impact Our People: You'll find teams of hardworking people who take pride in their work, pride in each other and pride in the principles that guide them. Our team members are diverse, talented and driven to continuously learn, improve and innovate, both for our company and for their careers.
Impact Our Customers: Whether our customers are operating small stump cutters in their backyard or giant surface mining equipment in Australia, they make progress happen. Our team members are constantly turning up new possibilities and collaboratively innovating to keep our customers and the people they serve on the leading-edge of progress around the world.
Impact Our World: At Vermeer, we believe in giving back and helping people and communities. We've held that belief from our founding in 1948. Our reach extends from offering impressive benefits that help our team members and their families live well, to supporting our local communities through volunteer and community investment programs. Our impact is also experienced by the way our customers use Vermeer products to make a difference. Vermeer equipment is used all around the world to keep people connected to life necessities, such as water and electricity, harvest the feed that nourishes a vibrant food supply and effectively manage precious natural resources that improve our quality of life.