We are looking for MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER
1. Masters Degree in a public health.
2. Additional training in biostatistics with demonstrated data analysis skills using SAS
and STATAwili be a great added advantage
3. Have strong analytical and quantitative database management skills, budgeting
and report writing.
4. A minimum of 3 years experience in working at high level programs that involved
statistical data analysis and reporting especially in HIV care and treatment
5. Strong verbal and written skills together with the ability to communicate statistical
ideas and concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audience.
6. Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to prioritize and
7. Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented. collaborative environment
1. Provide overall leadership in the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking
! and reporting systems, tools and templates to enhance monitoring of project
outputs and quality.
2. Coordinate assessments and evaluations.
3. Ensure monitoring plans are developed for projects and ensure regular monitoring
visits are implemented.
4. Design, review and test M&E tools for reporting formats and data collection.
5. Conduct periodic internal Data Quality Assessments and prepare the project tor
possible external Data Quality corrective actions on time.
6. Produce analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives, appealing
visuals as requested by both internal and external requirements.
i 7. Ensure completeness and comprehensiveness of program routine reports to
~,·'=, respond to donors and other stakeholders' requirements.
8. Researches appropriateness and availability of data resources required for each
project and advice on database design and data logic check plans.
9. Contribute to writing of the Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) while adhering to sound
statistical principles and regulatory guidance.
10. Conduct accurate and thorough statistical analysis of data collected for all
program needs to facilitate correct reporting of the designed evaluations projects.
11. And all other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Officially established in 2009, the Africa Academy for Public Health (AAPH) is an independent organization registered in Tanzania with the mission to improve heath in the Africa region through collaborative research, training, capacity building and knowledge translation. The AAPH evolved from research collaborations between the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and a number of public health research and training institutions in Tanzania. This relationship started more than 40 years ago and developed stronger ties over the last 20 years through large joint discovery and translation research and training programs.