1. University degree in Business, Finance, Administration or Accounting with at
least 2 years exeprience in accounting.
2. Professional qualification would be an added advantage
3. Knowledge and experience on accounts payable, receivable, cash, bank, and
maintaining general ledger.
4. Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial
and accounting information.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employees/vendors
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, bookkeeping skills, attention to details.
7. Skills in running any accounting software and the general computer literacy.
8. Ability to manage time and observing deadlines. §
9. Honest and trustworthy, respectful and depict sound work ethics
1. Managing petty cash transactions including but not limited to petty cash
payments, petty cash income, petty cash reconciliation, verification of petty
cash claims, petty cash float and ensuring that the petty cash float ceiling and
payment limit is adhered.
2. Preparation of purchase orders for approved procurements for local and foreign
3. Ensuring that all payment requisitions are complete and have all the necessary
documentation such as pro-forma invoices/bids, local purchase order, selection
minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices, etc. before making payment. Also,
ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled by PAID stamp.
4. Recording and posting of approved financial transactions into the accounting
S. Making and processing advance payments including but not limited to travel
advances, sub contractors/grantee advances, etc.
6. Support logistics preparations for various meeting organized by AAPH or its
7. Support the procuring units to prepare justification for selection of potential
8. Ensuring office costs are identified and correctly apportioned and charged to
the respective projects/donors and other costs centers.
9. Coordinating financial transactions for training activities including but not limited
to training cash advance, verification of claims and invoices, making payments
and retirement management.
10. Perform any other job related task as assigned
Officially established in 2009, the Africa Academy for Public Health (AAPH) is an independent organization registered in Tanzania with the mission to improve heath in the Africa region through collaborative research, training, capacity building and knowledge translation. The AAPH evolved from research collaborations between the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and a number of public health research and training institutions in Tanzania. This relationship started more than 40 years ago and developed stronger ties over the last 20 years through large joint discovery and translation research and training programs.