Minimum of 7 years working experience and at least 3 years at senior management level
• Qualified accountant. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent
• Experience in dealing with institutional donors such as Irish Aid, DFID, MasterCard foundation, Charity water, Bank of Ireland etc.
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational and management skills
1. Oversee Financial Management within GOAL Uganda
• Ensure proper financial systems are in place and implemented to record and report field and head office expenditure;
• Ensure compliance with accounting procedures and policies and actively monitor internal controls to minimize risk to the organization. In particular
ensure appropriate cash management procedures are in place and operating effectively;
• Oversee all cash management, including cash counts and cash transfers to field sites and from Dublin head office and coordination with local banks on
• Ensure cost allocations basis among donors are reasonable;
• Review GOAL annual and quarterly rolling budgets;
• Review monthly management accounts including donor status reporting for submission to GOAL Head Office, Dublin, adhering to strict deadlines;
• Maintain and keep updated Uganda Finance Manual, including a summarized and simplified finance manual for use by project managers and other field
• Keeping abreast of taxation requirements and changes in taxation law;
• Through management of the AFC, ensure: – Management of the day-to-day financial reporting to facilitate on-time reporting to Donors and Dublin HQ; –
Monthly Sage Accounts Process is completed accurately and timely;
– Monthly payroll process is completed accurately and timely;
– The Field Office Finance Teams are supported by the Kampala Finance
– The Field Office Finance make their submissions on time.
2. Oversee Partner Grants Management
• FC has overall responsibility for the Grants Management team including line management of the Grants Manager. This can be achieved through
delegation to the AFC.
Our mission is to work towards ensuring that the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education