We are looking for Academic assistant, Administrative law - 2019AAPFRECHEX349
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
The Faculty of Law is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy
Academic assistant in the area of administrative law
- You contribute to teaching and research in the field of administrative Law.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in this field of and you are competing in this connection to obtain externally funded research grants.
Profile and requirements
- You hold the degrees of Master of Laws; students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- You submit a research proposal in Dutch or English of maximum 5 pages on the topic, which includes the following headings: 'state of art', 'research objectives', 'methodology' and 'bibliography'.
The two prior conditions are conditions of admissibility.
- You have excellent study results and/or relevant professional experience with respect to the vacancy.
- You have obtained excellent grades in the research area of administrative law.
- You have adequate knowledge of the Dutch teaching language to be able to offer educational support.
- You are prepared to acquire knowledge of the administrative language Dutch of the University of Antwerp.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the vision of education the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy .
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a full-time appointment as an academic assistant for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal twice for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the appointment is 15 September 2020;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 3.338,21 tot € 5.649,28;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications may only be submitted online , until the closing date 23 February 2020. You enclose the following documents:
- a detailed PhD proposal (in Dutch or English ) in one of the research lines of the Research group Government & Law;
- a detailed account of your study results;
- a function-oriented letter of motivation.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place in March or April 2020.
- More information about the application form can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Ingrid Opdebeek, Tel. 03 265.58.42 - ingrid.opdebeek@uantwerpen .
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research .
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Contact for any query